Location: Natick, MA.
Job type: Full-time.
Our client is an American manufacturer of machine vision systems, software and sensors used in automated manufacturing to inspect and identify parts, detect defects, verify product assembly, and guide assembly robots.
This team was created in 2014. Their software applications are used to align, measure, recognize, and inspect all types of products every day across many different industries.
The Vision Solutions Manager oversees the successful development of our most technically challenging solutions involving 2D and 3D vision, robotics and automation. The ideal candidate works as entrepreneur works closely with Sales to grow our business and identify opportunities to expand our portfolio of commercialized application solutions.
• Develop technical solutions that differentiate Cognex from its competition at identified strategic accounts. Work closely with the Sales team and related Global Solutions organizations to successfully sell and deploy these solutions.
• Attract, train, mentor and develop the required Engineering talent to deliver high end solutions to customers in strategic markets. Network with other VS teams in CA, Greater China, Europe, KIA, and Japan to leverage skills, geography, tools and systems.
• Identify applications with high-volume potential which are targets for a commercialized application solution. Help to validate the opportunity and develop the commercialized solution and support deployments.
• Contribute to the growth of the capabilities and effectiveness of the Vision Solutions Engineering teams globally through sharing new technology and continuous process improvement to products/methods/processes used by the global team.
• Work with the Product Business Units to incorporate capabilities into the product that reduce and/or eliminate service cost, improve customer value and grow market share.
• Provide dynamic and inspirational leadership in line with Cognex’s “Work Hard, Play Hard, Move Fast” culture.
• Manage team finances including forecasting and controlling spending
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• 10+ years’ experience in computer vision/signal processing application development and deployment in the factory automation industry. Complete systems integration experience is definite plus.
• Demonstrated success in researching, recommending, and productizing next generation computer vision technology.
• Experienced in recruiting, developing and leading a team of highly skilled, technically motivated professionals.
• Able to travel up to 30% of time, strong customer focus, attention to detail, fast-acting, excellent communicator
• MS from a top engineering school in Computer Science or Engineering, PhD and/or MBA preferred
• 5+ years’ experience in software development
• Two to five years of management experience in software application development.
Send Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org