Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Job Location: St. Charles, IL
Our Client is a global company with expertise in the development of technology that enhances vehicle safety and reliability for the driving public. As a manufacturer of on-board components, we continue to provide customers with products based on a foundation of solid technology, backed by high quality and reliability.
LabVIEW Test Engineer will be primarily involved in developing, maintaining, debugging and modifying code for new or existing equipment in the Production Line and laboratory. You will be responsible for development, maintenance and support of LabVIEW programs utilized for real time testing. You will collaborate with Product Development Test Engineers to ensure ongoing quality and sustainability. Additionally, you will develop and support test programs that run the test cells in alignment with the Test Engineers and changing test requirements and upgrades.
- Specify and design new production test equipment by understanding new products in Development.
- Create test design documentation including test instructions, specifications, drawings and verification/validation plans based from Product Test Specifications.
- Liaise with sub-contractors to implement production testing and training of local support personnel.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing including hands-on debug of test systems.
- Manage own time and assigned resources to meet time-scales and quality objectives.
- Provide cost estimates for test systems.
- Generate test software in LabVIEW and Test Stand. Contribute to the company’s production engineering objectives with regard to new product introduction, process improvement and lean manufacturing.
- Design, Develop and maintain applications on NI LabVIEW and Test Stand.
- Interface and Test wide range of industrial sensors, transducers, etc. with NI or third-party hardware and control of machinery like pumps, motors, cameras etc.
- Develop intuitive Graphical User Interfaces
- Collaborate/ coordinate with lab researchers, engineers and technicians to collect business requirements and develop a project plan
- Implement unit test cases and fully integrated tests for LabVIEW application
- Manage code in repository and adapt source code control techniques
- Work in a fast-paced team environment
- Follow Agile as well as Waterfall methodologies in projects as and when required
- Adhere to company’s standard practices for LabVIEW and Test Stand development.
- 3+ years’ progressive LabVIEW development experience
- 3+ years progressive Test Stand Development
- 1+ years’ experience utilizing other programming languages (.NET, LabWindows/CVI C, etc.)
- Automotive industry experience beneficial.
- Experience on CAN/LIN Communications.
- Proven track record in a Test Development Environment.
- Production Test Equipment Design and Application experience.
- PCB Design and Assembly Test Fixture experience.
- Experience / Understanding of electromechanical production processes.
- Experience developing tests for automatic execution.
- Experience in the complete product test development life cycle
- Experience with Automotive production , Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, and 5S highly preferred.
- LabVIEW Object Oriented Design experience
- Actor Framework experience highly preferred
Send Resume: email@example.com