Location: Columbia, Maryland.
Position Type: Full-time.
Drive successful design and engineering of electronic products such as printed circuit boards, sensors, and gateways from conception to production.
* Ensure successful completion of specification reviews, development program timelines and reports, design reviews, simple mechanical designs, documentation packages, reproduction builds and transfers to production.
* Solve highly advanced hardware engineering problems (certification, power supplies, high speed interfaces, high speed memory and processor buses).
* Review and approve design validation testing.
* Interface with customers at key development points to understand and guide system requirements.
* Develop quotes to estimate effort for hardware development projects.
* Ensure all hardware engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization's established policies and objectives.
* Design for single board computers and high level systems with DRAM, Flash, Ethernet, Serial, and Wireless Technology.
* Determine and meet hardware development commitments.
* Assist with creation of product technical specifications.
* System design and debugging, use of scopes and analyzers.
* Understand and maintain project schedules to ensure requirements are met.
* Supervise and develop hardware engineering team.
* Other duties as assigned.
* 5 or more years of electrical engineering experience including the design of printed circuit boards required.
* Advanced knowledge of hardware design required.
* Experience with microprocessors, CPLD, LCDs, USB, low power & analog design.
* Knowledge of C language/High level design languages (VHDL/Verilog) helpful.
* Experienced with high speed board design, EMI/ESD remediation strategies.
* Excellent communication skills; able to work well in a team environment or independently.
* Ability to problem solve, analyze information for determining directions, and create documentation.
* Prior experience supervising small teams.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to travel, which may include occasional international travel. Valid passport required.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field.
Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required by the employee.
Send Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org